This one-day trek is the perfect alternative hike for those who were unable to book the Inca Trail. The Vilcanota area was the important mountain Inca. This adventure trail traverses a high Andean plateau, crossing passes as high as 5,214mt-15,850ft for an up-close view of the sacred Inca peak, Salkantay (6,280mt-20,598ft). The path is a beautiful. Along the way there are native Andean villages that time seems to have passed by.
- Trip briefing before Trek with guide.
- Trilingual (English / Spanish/Quechua) guide and assistant guide accompanies groups 9 and above.
- Cook to prepare your meals during the trek and assistant cook accompanies groups 9 and above.
- Horse wrangler and horses
- Private bus to the trailhead, return tourist train to Cusco and hotel transportation.
- Camping equipment: double 4 season tents, sleeping pad, kitchen tent and dining tent. Tables, stools and all kitchen gear.
- First-class trekking services including: hot water, soap and towels for washing, camp cook and assistant(s).
- Maximum weight per passenger: 7kg/15lbs.
- Toilet Tent
- Duffle bag so you can put your trekking items and return at end of trek.
- All meals indicated on the itinerary (B= Breakfast L= Lunch, D= Dinner). Vegetarian, gluten free or vegan meals on request at no additional cost.
- services at an additional cost)
- First-aid kit.
Services NOT Included:
- Hotels in Cusco.
- Domestic flights.
- Any unexpected situations occurred during the journey and which are beyond our control, including changes in scheduling trains or flights, delays, strikes, cancellations, missed connections, etc., shall be covered by the passenger as a whole. Also if you, or for physical reasons of health cannot continue the trek or walk, and emergency evacuation needed all charges incurred such as transportation, hotel, ambulance, doctors, medication, hospitalization, etc. will be at passenger´s expense. For all of these reasons, we recommend taking out travel and health insurance to be able to cover these costs. This is money well invested! Of course, Trekperu will help you to obtain all necessary documents for you to be refunded in full by your insurance company.
- Personal items like individual gear, sleeping bag (Peruvian Andean path rents sleeping bags: $25 per person for entire trek), medicines, laundry, phone calls, etc.
- Single tent available: $25 per person for entire trip
- Travel insurance
We highly recommend at least 2 days acclimatizing to the high altitude before doing the trek in the high Andes