DAY 1: CUSCO IN:
Upon arrival to Cusco´s airport, reception and transfer to the hotel.
Time to acclimatize to the altitude.
Overnight in Cusco: Casa Andina Classic
DAY 2: CITY TOUR:
At 9:00am or 2:00pm; the guide will take you on a half day tour of Cusco. We will start visiting the Cathedral, built over 450 years ago and its fine collection of paintings of the Cusqueñan School. After this, we will visit the Koricancha, the most sumptuous temple of the Inca culture, which was dedicated to worship the sun. Finally we will visit the ruins of Sacsayhuaman and its impressive rocky constructions, followed by Kenko, Puka Pukara and Tambomachay. Return to the hotel. (Breakfast).
Overnight in Cusco: Casa Andina Classic
DAY 3: SACRED VALLEY:
In the morning we will pick you up from your hotel and transfer to Pisac town, where you will visit the market that is a good reason to make a stop here, where you will find some unique and authentic souvenirs. Then, you will visit the archaeological place, this Inca site remains somewhat mysterious as to what their absolute purpose was, but it seems likely that they were part of a settlement along a vital Inca road with the Amazon rain forest to the east of the mountains, it is generally understood that Pisac provided a connecting point of sorts between the highlands and the jungle. As you explore the Pisac archaeological place, you will find that the views of the mountains and valleys are simply breath-taking. Together with the Inca site, the Pisac markets bring a good amount of visitors to town. After this visit you will be transferred to the restaurant for lunch. After lunch, passengers will be transferred to Ollantaytambo which is one of the most beautiful, and significant, sites in the entire Cusco region and is rich with history that your guide will teach you about. It is a very interesting, and typical, pueblo with extensive, well preserved Inca ruins; we will visit the unfinished temples high above the village on the mountainside. It is one of the most impressive Imperial style complexes built by the Incas. Transfer to the hotel.
Overnight in the Sacred Valley: Inkallpa hotel
DAY 4: STARTING OF THE INCA TRAIL: KM. 82 – HUAYLLABAMBA:
We will transfer you from the hotel to Km. 82, where we will meet our porters and equipment. We start our trek escorted by the porters, going through semi-arid terrain along the Uruamba River with magnificent views of snow-capped mountains. We will leave the Urubamba valley and will have an overview of it before setting off up to the Kusichaca River to our first camp site in Huayllabamba (around 3000 m.a.s.l – 9842 f.a.s.l).
• Km. 82 to Huayllabamba: 11 km / 6 hours approximately.
DAY 5: HUAYLLABAMBA – PACAYMAYO:
After a healthy breakfast we will begin to walk to the Warmihuañusca pass (4200 mts – 13860 ft. approximately). After a short time, we will reach the top of the pass. From this place, it is possible to see the other side of the way leading to Runkurakay ruins. At the end of a gorge, we will stop at a place called Pacaymayo (3600 mts. – 11181 ft.), our second camp.
• Huayllabamba-Pacaymayo: 7km / 7 hours approximately
DAY 6: PACAYMAYO – WIÑAYWAYNA:
We depart from Pacaymayo and a while later a zigzagging but short ascent will take us to the Runkurakay circular ruins. There is no sign of human life, only great forests and abrupt hills. After a good rest, we will start our way down and then we will clearly notice that the Inca Trail is well preserved from this point. In a short while, we will get to the steps which go up to Sayacmarca ruins (3620 mts – 11946 ft approximately). From Sayacmarca the stone road begins to go into the jungle, continuing our trek towards Phuyupatamarca ruins. The trail crosses the «LagoSeco» and for brief moments we will go up and down. We will then cross «The Tunnel», a natural cavity produced by a landslide but adapted by the Incas. The Inca Trail well-traced borders continue on the hills full of moss and ferns. After crossing a small pass, we will see some steep steps and under them the Ceremonial Center of Phuyupatamarca ruins (3650 mts – 12045 ft approximately). We continue hiking for 3 more hours until reaching Wiñaywayna (2700 mts – 8,856ft approximately), the main archaeological site after Machu Picchu in the Inca Trail, we will visit the site to then descend to our campsite.
• Pacaymayo – Wiñaywayna: 9 km / 7 hours approximately.
• Phuyupatamarca – Wiñaywayna: 4 Km / 3 hours approximately
DAY 7: WIÑAYWAYNA – MACCHU PICCHU – CUSCO:
We will start early in the morning going down the trail, from where we can see the Urubamba valley and the river. The path goes down to WiñayWayna ruins (2650 mts – 8745 ft approximately), the most important ruins after Machu Picchu, heading then towards IntiPunku (2740 mts – 9042 ft approximately), the Gate of the Sun, our last pass. A boxed lunch will be provided. From this place, Machu Picchu (2450 mts – 8085 ft approximately) looks unreal and beautiful. We will have the rest of the day to visit the entire citadel. Then we will head down to the town of Aguas Calientes from where we will take our train back to Cusco. Arrival to Cusco late at night.
• Wiñaywayna – Machu Picchu : 5 km /4 hours approximately
• Phuyupatamarca – Machu Picchu: 9 km / 7 hours approximately
Overnight Cusco: Casa Andina Classic
DAY 8: CUSCO – LIMA – HOME:
Depending of your flight time, transfer to Cusco`s airport. (Breakfast)
- Tourist transportation for the transfers
- Tourist transportation for all the tours
- Professional bilingual guide (English – Spanish)
- Meals Mentioned in the itinerary (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Tourist tickets for all the tours (Cusco, Sacred Valley)
- Private bus to Km. 82 (Piscaycucho)
- Transfer from Poroy train station to hotel (last day)
- All balanced meals during the trek (4 days/3 nights) B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner, including 04 snacks + 03 tea time + BL=Boxed Lunch ( Boxed lunch on the last day)
- Entrance ticket to Inca trail
- Expedition train from Machu Picchu to Cusco
- All common camping gear: 3 men mountain tent for 2 people, inflatable sleeping mattress, kitchen dishes, kitchen tent, dining tent, toilet tent (when permitted), table and chairs
- Cook & assistant Cook
- Porters for the whole camping equipment including personal luggage
- First-aid kit with oxygen
- Professional bilingual guide (English – Spanish), additional cost for other languages
- Assistant guide for groups over 9 people
- Shortwave radios
- Bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes train station.
- Sanitation care (disinfected dishes, filtered water, etc).
- 3 nights in Cusco
- 1 night at the Sacred Valley
- 3 nights in camping
- International flight tickets and Peruvian domestic flights
- Meal not described in the program
- Extra services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tips and extra expenses
- Travel insurances
- Sleeping bag
No hay valoraciones aún.